ARTBASH CAMP DISCOVER
ARTBASH CAMP DISCOVER
ARTBASH camp DISCOVER is an exciting four-week art camp based in Valence Library, House, Museum and Gardens for 5- 11-year olds.
Our Camp is free and aimed at FSM children and is part of the HAF Programme. A healthy lunch and snacks are provided.
Throughout each week, our intrepid explorers will venture on a journey of discovery uncovering things from the gardens, the museum and the library that will inspire each art workshop. The Dagenham Idol may also make a surprise appearance along the way. With the help of local artists, children will encounter new art techniques while creating an abundance of gorgeous art.
Our camp DISCOVER is also celebrating the Becontree Forever Centenary and we are delighted to be funded through the DfE Holiday Activities and Food Programme.
We are welcoming a different group of 30 children (each week of the Camp) to join us on a mission of arty discovery. Dress for mess! BOOKING ESSENTIAL!
Monday – Thursday (4-day week)
Week 1. 26th – 29th July
Week 2. 2nd – 5th August
Week 3. 9th – 12th August
Week 4. 16th– 19th August
(booking is for one week only per child)
Valence Library, Becontree Ave, Dagenham RM8 3HT
9 am – 3.30 pm
We are offering free places to local children who receive free school meals and related benefits.
We are delighted to be partnering with BDTP who will be providing healthy pack lunches and a mid-morning snack. Any food requirements will be taken when booking.
Children will take part in 3 different, creative workshops, inside and out-thought the day, including a picnic lunch in the gardens.
Click on the booking buttons and fill out a form for the chosen week.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New workshop sizes will be set with reference to government guidelines at a maximum of 15 per workshop. Click here for further details.
- Each ‘bubble’ will have a lead artist and an assistant and children will remain in that ‘bubble’ throughout the week.
- Registration will be taken electronically and will take place at the start of the holiday course on the venue door, without the need for parents to enter the building or congregate in the foyer.
- Children will be asked to use hand sanitiser before entering the space.
- Surfaces including door handles and tables will be regularly wiped down.
- Children will be given their own pack of materials and resources so there will be no mixing of materials throughout the week.
- Hand washing will take place at regular intervals.
- Lunches will be placed in a designated area and will be wiped down upon arrival and after lunch.
- Children will be reminded not to share food or drink and will be asked to wash their hands before and after they eat.
- Our sharing exhibition will be online.
- In line with the new guidance, practitioners will wear a mask, gloves and an apron when administering any first aid.
- All of our Lead Facilitators have up to date first aid training.
Our venues will be cleaned but we’ll also sanitise surfaces between workshops and during the holiday course.
You can feel confident knowing our workshops and holiday courses are as safe as we can possibly make them.
“Our boys (11,9,5) love ARTBASH Camp so much that they talk about it all year round. The first thing that I hear at the pick up: “Today was fantastic!” I can’t say enough greatness about the staff, their energy is abundant & very encouraging. Kids love working with different materials, exploring ideas and learning new methods. They can’t wait for the next year! Thank you so much for running such a wonderful programme.”