ARTBASH CAMP SHINE!
ARTBASH Camp ‘shine’
A dazzling THANK YOU to ALL who took part! Our ‘SHINE’ exhibition is now here show casing our young artists talents. Drawing inspiration from a variety of amazing Black artists, this year we are celebrated how brightly we can shine. Through continuing to elevate Black voices through art, we created our own stories and character, built a mini theatre and shone a spot light on the colourful influences in our lives today. Inside and out and in small groups, our young artists inspired, grew and dazzled! Click on our SHINE EXHIBITION 2020 to take a look!
We have grown a new leg ‘ART be’, a place for you to be you. Art therapy and therapeutic art projects. We kick off with Introducing ART be + ‘me’, a week-long project where children can take time to reflect through art-making.
The week will be full of therapeutic art activities reflecting individually on this unique moment in time. Running much like our camps, The day will consist of 3 workshops, including part of the day outside in our local marshes. CLICK HERE for further information or to book.
- New workshop sizes will be set with reference to government guidelines at a maximum of 12 per workshop. Click here for further details.
- Each ‘bubble’ will have a lead artist and an assistant and children will remain in that ‘bubble’ throughout the week.
- Staggered start (9.00, 9.15, 9.30) and finish times (3.00, 3.15 and 3.30) to reduce amount of people waiting and congregating outside.
- Registration will be taken electronically and will take place at the start of the holiday course on the venue door, without the need for parents to enter the building or congregate in the foyer.
- Children will be asked to use hand sanitizer before entering the space.
- Surfaces including door handles and tables will be regularly wiped down.
- Children will be given their own pack of materials and resources so there will be no mixing of materials throughout the week.
- Hand washing will take place at regular intervals.
- Lunches will be placed in a designated area and will be wiped down upon arrival and after lunch.
- Children will be reminded not to share food or drink and will be asked to wash their hands before and after they eat.
- Our sharing exhibition will be online.
- In line with the new guidance, practitioners will wear a mask, gloves and an apron when administering any first aid.
- All of our Lead Facilitators have up to date first aid training.
Our venues will be cleaned but we’ll also sanitise surfaces between workshops and during the holiday course.
You can feel confident knowing our workshops and holiday courses are as safe as we can possibly make them.
SHINE EXHIBITION 2020
We shone a light on the amazing works of Black Artists.
Our children responded dazzlingly!
“Our boys (11,9,5) love ARTBASH Camp so much that they talk about it all year round. The first thing that I hear at the pick up: “Today was fantastic!” I can’t say enough greatness about the staff, their energy is abundant & very encouraging. Kids love working with different materials, exploring ideas and learning new methods. They can’t wait for the next year! Thank you so much for running such a wonderful programme.”